Sunday, May 07, 2006

meetup.com

Last night I went down to San Jose to have some drinks with other "New in San Jose" people I met off of meetup.com. It was a pretty normal group of people. I guess there's not much to say about the event itself, because it was so utterly normal.

Although cool people I did meet, the end goal of my visit to meetup.com was not met. I sent an email to my oldest friend and it bounced so I googled his name. One of the many hits led to that site, so I signed up to send him a message. I'm assuming he used the same email to sign up as I had in my address book, because I haven't heard back from him.

The "rest of the story" I'd like to leave you with is the whole ordeal made me think a lot about meeting people and making friends. The guy I've known longer than anyone has led me to meet new (hopefully) friends. Also that making friends is easier when you have friends, and when you have none it's easier to relax and watch a DVD on Friday night than try to do something about it.

This post is brought to you by "Kaiser Chiefs" album, "Employment". It Rocks! By the way, if you would like to send me an email, I may be able to let you *coughste*alcough* any of these tunes.

No comments: