Sunday, March 19, 2006

Taxes

I Just did my taxes, and I thought that since the internet is nothing but a huge popularity contest, I should say I found freetaxusa.com to be a relatively painless process. Federal filing is free, state filing is $10 which is as good as you're going to find anywhere. I'm not sure if it supports the more complicated deductions like home businesses, but I was able to get tax credit on tuition I paid last semester and all the regular charitable donation stuff you'd expect is supported. The best part is that I finished in 45 minutes (including two W2s and figuring out what I paid for tuition) and sent it electronically and I should get my refund in about a week :) On the topic of taxes, here's a fun fact: I have more taken out of my paycheck for state/federal taxes, medicare, etc. per hour than I made per hour a year ago. w00t California!

No comments: