Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bad Sony!

Dec 1, 2005++++++Haven't blogged in a while, I keep thinking I'm going to update my blogging software but alas... has not happened. Instead you get this:


For those of you who haven't heard, Sony put software on CDs designed to stop you from copying them. That's not bad, it's their right but it's your right not to use it as long as you know about it. What was bad, is that they created software that creates a huge security hole in your computer, uses other people's software without permission and makes it impossible to remove. Let's be clear that as a libertarian, I do not support any sort of government regulation on this and many other matters, but I believe free markets can regulate companies by selectively boycotting them if they screw up. So if you were thinking about buying a Sony/BMG CD this season, think twice and they'll soon get the message.

No comments: