Sunday, February 26, 2006

My thoughts on dating

April 16, 2005++++++Relationships are hard. I'm still young and "figuring it out" but here's my general feeling about relationships right now. If I had my way, I'd never have a girlfriend ever again. I'd get to know my female friends by talking to them or hanging out and one day I'd ask one of them (or be asked by one) to commit to being my friend forever and start a family. Dating is fake and superficial because you're trying to fool the other person into liking you. But a friend is someone you really know. This has nothing to do with being cheap and not wanting to pay for dates. I'll pay the penny for your thoughts, and I'll even spring for the icecream later. But why do we need to classify that as a date? I guess I'm just irritated with girls who say, "I just want to be friends." because I don't see the distinction between a female friend and a girlfriend. It's all about getting to know people, being there for them and having someone to be there when times are rough for you. If everyone thought like this, there would be much fewer feelings hurt.

No comments: