Sunday, February 26, 2006

Creative Commons License

Mon Jun 7, 2004++++++ I've been toying with the idea of putting a Creative Commons badge on my site for a long time (cc). Creative commons allows an artist to choose a copyright license that isn't as strict as the traditional "All rights reserved" license. The (cc) in it's self doesn't mean anything in particular but it means I can pick and choose different restrictions. For example, I could choose the license that allows anyone to use my picture as long as they give me credit. Or they could use it as long as they don't sell the work. The advantage of using their license is that it has legal backing so it's more professional than the old "use my stuff, but be nice" slogan I was using before. Unfortunately, I still haven't done the proper research but it's coming. Just wanted everyone to know that.

No comments: