Sunday, February 26, 2006

New things: cost=soul

email me for my new cell number++++++So I got a couple new things aside from my car. I got a new place to live and it's really a nice place. I'm living with my co-worker but it's all the way out in Louisville. That's why I just got a new car so I could get to school/work/out of the residential area. Louisville seems like a nice place but there's houses everywhere, and anywhere you want to go takes a car, which sucks for me because I love being self sufficient. Also, the house doesn't have a phone (that I'm aware of) so I got a cell phone. I hate phones more than anything so having one on me all the time is strange. I'm getting to like it tho, it's got a lot of cool blinking lights. Lastly, I got a GMail account. I'd like to spend a whole topic talking about that, but for those of you who don't know about Google's new email service, it's 1000 megabytes of free* email storage if you don't mind the fact that Google reads your mail and inserts adds based on what people are writing to you about. My address is the7roy@gmail.com but don't discuss with me our plans to blow anything up. All this new stuff is pretty cool, but am I the same person I was a month ago when I could go 3 months without driving, three weeks without being in a car, 2 weeks without talking on the phone etc.? What is the price of giving in for the sake of simplicity or cost?

No comments: